Museum of the Order of St John Library

Monasticon Favershamiense in agro Cantiano : or, a surveigh [sic] of the monastry [sic] of Faversham in the County of Kent ; wherein its barony and right to sit in Parlament [sic] is discovered ; together with its antient [sic] and modern estate described ; as also its founder and benefactors remembered / by Jhn Southouse of Greys-Inn, Esq ; to which is added an appendix of the descent of King Stephen, by Tho. Philipot Esq.

Author: Southouse, Thomas, 1640 or 1641-1676 [author].
Contributor(s): Philipot, Thomas, -1682 [contributor] |
Abbot, William, 1734-1826 [former owner] |
Burgess, C.J [former owner].
Production / publication: London : printed for T. Passenger living at the sign of the three Bibles upon London bridge, 1671Description: [20], 167 pages : illustration ; 16 cm (8vo).General note: Signatures: a⁹, A⁸-L⁴. Added title page before the preliminary unnumbered material. Frontispiece of a monk of the Order of St. Benedict.Citation/References note: ESTC R6824.Ownership note: Bookplate of William Abbot inside front cover. -- Presented to the English Langue of the Order by C.J. Burgess, Sept. 1868.Binding note: Brown calf.Other title: Monasticon Favershamiense in agro Cantiano : or, a survey of the monastery of Faversham in the County of Kent ; wherein its barony and right to sit in Parliament is discovered ; together with its ancient and modern estate described ; as also its founder and benefactors remembered [Other title].Subject(s): Faversham Abbey | Monasticism and religious orders -- England -- Faversham (Kent)
Holdings
Item type Current library Shelving location Call number Status Date due Barcode
Book Book Library
Library A6.20 (Browse shelf(Opens below)) Available

ESTC R6824.

Museum copy inscribed on title page: "The gift [Winchitsea?] Sept. 29. 1719, Southouse, Esqu."

Connect with us
Twitter Instagram Facebook
Contact us:

Museum of the Order of St John Library

Tel: 020 7324 4005

E-mail: museum@sja.org.uk

Powered by Koha